domingo, 28 de mayo de 2017

GAP YEAR

I always wanted to do a gap year, but nowadays I want it more than never. I think that a gap year has to be a year for yourself, to do the things that you want, and to be out of stress and worries, in my case I want to travel.
I'd like to take so many gap years, but the first one will be after batxillerat. I'm going to do it through Eorkaway, which is a web that contacts people who needs help with something , so you work in exchange for food and accommodation, and the only thing that you have to pay for is the flight. In this year I want to visit as many countries as I can, so to start I will visit 3 countries; Palawan, Philippines, Thailand and Los Angeles. First of all I will have to get the money working so, once I finish batxillerat I'm going to work from June to December to save money. In January 2019 I will start my trip, well, we, because of course, I'm doing it with Fatine.
The first stop is going to be Los Angeles. We are going to stay in a house that accommodates backpackers, and the only thing that we are going to do is take care of the house, and help with the guests five hours a day and five days per week, so in the free time we can visit the city and do whatever we want. We are going to spend three months in each country so, after 3 months we are going to take a plane to The Philippines. In The Philippines, we are going to stay in Palawan, an idyllic island- perfect to relax and sunbath everyday. The job that we will have to do there, will be helping in a hostel in different ways, like painting, travel blogging or taking promotional photos. The last stop will be Thailand. We are going to be stay in a bamboo hut in Koh Phangan, helping a family with rescued animals. I always really wanted to do something like that with animals so this is my chance to do it.
I think this kind of "volunteering" is perfect for people who don't have much money and want to travel and know other cultures. In my case, I want to improve  my languages, know other cultures and traditions, etc. I also want to take this gap year to take a break in my studies life and hopefully decide what is what I want to do in the future.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario