jueves, 7 de diciembre de 2017

Self-evaluation

A few weeks ago, a friend and I did an oral presentation about dreams. We thought it was a curious topic to develop considering that everybody dreams and not everyone knows why  we dream or what's the meaning of the dreams. We explained what they were, how they happen, the 5 stages of sleep, the meaning of some dreams and sleep disorders.
To support our explanation we used a power point which was pretty complete, but not excessively. We used images and some key words to help us remember and manage all the information. Although we could have expanded on the topic, we only explained the essential so the presentation lasted more or less what it had to last, nine minutes.
My body language was not bad because I looked at the audience, but I think that I could make more gestures with my hands and arms. I read sometimes from my notes but just when I couldn't remember a word or I went blank.
I consider that the content was pretty good because as I said before, this is not a topic that everyone knows a lot about so we introduced new information to the audience. The information was clear and concise, just enough to get to know the topic superficially.

Regarding the grammar, I think the only complex words were the technical ones because I still don't know why,but I didn't say the things I wrote in my paper, on the contrary it came naturally. For this reason I think that although everything was easy to understand (when I didn't get tongue-tied), my vocabulary was not very rich and varied. As I said, although I got tangled up, I think my pronunciation was pretty good and everybody understood what I wanted to say.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario