viernes, 8 de diciembre de 2017

Fashion models expose sexual harassment

This news talks about the BBC’s Victoria Derbyshire programme that showed some stories of models that had been sexually harassed.
It mentions some short stories from different models. The first one is Marissa who says that she was doing a photo shoot for a jeans brand and when she took a break and came back, the photographer wanted her to make “a performance” for him. The second model is an anonymous one; she says that a stylist wanted to kiss her against her will, so she pushed him away and he ended up masturbating next to her, and the worse part of it is that this stylist is still working in the same place.
There are a few reports more from other models like photographers who wanted nude photos, or molestations by photographers or stylists.
Personal opinion
I simply haven’t got words for all these events, I don’t understand how evil can people be. I mean, when these models are posing for a photographer, they are working to get some money from it; they don’t need to go through all this abuse. The most shocking about all this, is that most of the assailants turn out uninjured and are still working with other girls. In my opinion, a worker who molests anyone as, little as it might be, should be fired and punished by law.
Another sentence that has me freaking out is the next one: "I told my agent about my abuse, they told me to 'stay quiet, he's too important to lose as a client'" I can’t believe that someone can play down something as big as an abuse. This agent has even thought how the model felt when “the important” photographer abused from her? I think not, this man clearly has neither empathy nor heart.

To sum up, I think that this should be more reported to put all these abusive workers in jail.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario