viernes, 2 de febrero de 2018

Research project



Last 15th of January, the nightmare of the research project ended forever, no more stressing about the deadlines, no more experiments, no more surfing on the net for hours and hours to get information. It’s true that the paper itself, was delivered before Christmas, but we still had to do the presentation after Christmas so the stress of doing that was there.
I remember when I was in first of batxillerat and all the teachers told us that the students of second of batxillerat were doing the presentation of the projects, and I thought it was so far away from me, I mean, it was one year away, but here we are with all the work done.
We’ve been searching for information, reading articles, looking for experiments to do, and preparing the paper all summer long, to start the new school year with less work to do, yet, during the first trimester we had to do a lot of things, apart from all we had to do from high school (homework, essays, studying for exams…). In my case, although I had the theoretical part pretty advanced, I still had to keep doing it because it wasn’t as perfect as I wanted. On the other hand, I had to start the practical part, I knew what I wanted to do, but I had to do it, so I missed some classes to go to the lab, I had to stay in high school some afternoons… Even though I had to spend a lot of time, it wasn’t so bad given that I was doing something I like and I want to study it in the future.
Once I had all the paper done, I had to focus on the presentation, so I prepared my presentation, and I waited until my turn. I had the presentation at 5:30 pm therefore I saw a lot of my classmates going into their classrooms, and coming out happy and relieved while I was there super nervous. When the time came, I went into the class and I remember the worse moment ever was putting the pen in the computer and standing beside the screen. Once I said the first two phrases, everything else was so easy and fluid. When I ended, I was so overjoyed, I couldn’t believe that it was finally over; I felt so relieved and euphoric at the same time.
Nowadays, I can say that I am so proud of all that I have done and the mark I got. I’m so happy about the ending of all this stress, but, although the TdR is finished, we have to keep studying until selectivity. 



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario