lunes, 19 de febrero de 2018

Christmas holidays


In this post I want to talk about Christmas and how I spend it year every year. To me, Christmas is the most beautiful celebration of the year, in fact it is the only thing that I like about winter (because I hate cold, and being an onion with all the jackets, scarfs and jumpers). A lot of people think that Christmas is becoming a materialistic holiday, and yes, obviously the industry gets a lot of money from all the presents, but I don’t think that Christmas has to lose its magic because of this. Apart from spending time with my family, the thing I love the most of Christmas time is the atmosphere; I mean, everyone is in the streets doing their Christmas shopping, the streets are full of lights and people singing Christmas carols… Everything is so magical and it reminds me when I was little and the eagerness I felt during these special dates.
As a tradition every year we decorate our Christmas tree on the long weekend of December, and then it’s when I feel that Christmas is about to start. When the school trimester comes to an end, me and my family pack the suitcase and hit the road to Barcelona. We used to stay in Barcelona from the 23rd to the 27th but this year for certain circumstances we only spent one night there, which makes me very sad because we almost didn’t have time to spend with my grandparents. But well, we had lunch all together on Christmas day, which by the way it was delicious and I couldn’t eat more. The following day we got back on the road to arrive to Albacete. We stayed there from the 26th to the 3rd of January. There we did a lot of things with our family; we were having lunch all together day in and day out, my grandmother took me and my cousins to the cinema, I saw my friends from there and all the time we spent there was great and perfect. Regarding New Year’s Eve, my sister and I used to spend it having dinner with all my family, but the last two years, although our heart hurt because we love having New Year’s dinners with our family, we decided to spend it with our friends in the village we go to in the summer. Well, after these Christmas days, the 3rd of January we took the car again, but this time to go to a little village in Huesca to finish the holidays snowboarding. Apart from some falls, to be the second time we did snowboarding, it was quite good.
I have to say that my Christmas holidays have been perfect and every year is better than the year before.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario